Friday, January 9, 2015

Foggy Mountain Church Street

A late afternoon phone call had me head to Foggy Mountain. The temperature felt as though it was dropping by the second, as I walked down the sidewalk of Church Street.  


Church street looks exactly like it sounds.  A street adorned with churches on either side of the road.  Churches so beautiful, it would make even a non-believer want to enter them.  Each of the churches have beautiful stone work decorating the outside of them, with huge, carved, wooden doors in which you would enter the sanctuary.  

As you near downtown the churches start to fade, and the tall buildings become more prevalent.  I like walking up church street as it's quiet and semi hidden from the chaos of downtown.  It's a one-way street, so it's not as busy as the other streets in downtown, and offers a peaceful venture to what is becoming one of my favorite brew pub's, Foggy Mountain.   


Foggy Mountain is one of the smallest brew pubs I've been to in Asheville.  A large open room with a bar and a few tables, this little pub has everything it needs to please its local crowd.  Good beer, tasty food, and background music that is unique and entertaining compared to the typical tunes you hear in a bar.  


The best part about Foggy Mountain, is that they have live entertainment on select nights, and due to the venue being so small, the sound is incredible! A new addition to their music schedule is open mic nights on Thursday's that will feature local artists performing their own work opposed to covers.  Being a lover of music and a musician, it will be awesome to experience the music Asheville's local artists have brewing in their heads.  



After a tasty salad, and a Kolsch, with my best friend,  John and my lover, Adam, we decide to hit the road and go our separate ways.  John to a concert, and Adam and I to our toasty home, where a fire and a movie sound so warm on this cold evening I practically jump out of my seat.  

We begin the trek back down Church street, and as always, I admire the beauty in the archetecture of these collasal stone buildings one last time for the night.  Shivering in my car, I crank up the heat and head for home, for a peaceful, Friday night.  


K.

http://www.foggymountainavl.com























































No comments:

Post a Comment